Tuesday 6 August 2024

REVIEW - Ice Spice: Y2K

 REVIEW - ICE SPICE: Y2K

Yo, check this out, we got the lowdown on this new joint "Y2K" by Ice Spice that's been blowin' up the spot in the hip-hop scene. Now, I know Ice Spice as that shorty who got her shows lookin' like an OnlyFans special, and yeah, she rollin' with Nicki Minaj too. She might got some skills, but I ain't peeped her tracks before. Let's see if this album lives up to the hype.



1. Phat Butt

Aight, we startin' smooth with the bass hittin' light. But then she drops this weak rhyme:


"Rap bitch on a pop chart, toastin' bitches like Pop-Tarts

You's a flop, bitch, knock it off, where the champagne? I'ma pop it off"


Yo, that rhyme is straight trash, messin' up the whole vibe.


And now she on that autotune tip, soundin' mad repetitive. This joint is garbage.


Beats: 4/10

Lyrics: 0/10


2. Oh Shhh ft. Travis Scott


Beat's all messed up and Ice Spice talkin' 'bout folks bein' jealous of her again.


Wait, what's up with this fake accent? She switchin' it up like three times. Can we get the real Ice Spice on the mic, please?!


Here's Travis Scott. Damn, she made Travis sound decent. When you make Travis Scott seem like a hip-hop king, you know you wack.


Beats: 0/10

Lyrics: 5/10 (thanks to Travis)


3. Popa


What kinda beat is this? Techno, electro rock mess? Ice Spice musta been wildin'. Shorty rhymes "bitch" four times in a row. What, is this Dr. Seuss rap?


The hook is the worst I ever heard. Whole track's just "everyone's jealous and my pussy good." Yikes.


Beats: 0/10

Lyrics: 0/10 (that hook is pure GARBAGE)


4. Bitch, I'm Packing ft. Gunna


Hoping this one's better. Nah, weak beat again.


Not tryna diss Ice Spice, but she the queen of rhyming the same words over and over. Nobody in rap does it like her.


"Got the racks on me

Got the stack on me

Got the strap on me

I got what he need

He got what I need"


Yo, she really rhymed "on me" with "on me". Gunna came through, but I dunno what he talkin' 'bout. At least he sounded harder than Ice Spice who sounded like she singin' mid-orgasm or OD'd on cough syrup.


Beats: 0/10

Lyrics: 0/10


5. Plenty Sun


Craziest intro: "The beat so hard, I don't even wanna say nothin'". No. Same electro guitar mess. Same subject: shaking ass and being envied. She good at finding sleep-inducing hooks. Here's more from the princess of whack rhymes:


"Put that shit on, think he fly, he think he Peter Pan"

"And I always come in first, yeah, I'm never last"


Just noticed a drum in the beat, it's so bad I ain't even hear it first.


Beats: 2/10

Lyrics: 0/10


6. Did It First


Did she really say "I did uno reverse"!? What is this, middle school music from 2010? Yes, she did. This is dumb.


Who let Central Cee on this album?! Somebody get him outta here, this is the kinda music they play 24/7 in North Korea jail cells. Cee, catch these hands, nobody wanna hear your weak bars.


Beat continues, tiny dumpster fire of a song.


Beats: 0/10

Lyrics: 0/10


7. BB Belt


Starts with a dumb line: "I'm Miss Poopie, but I never smell." WHAT? Leave.


Never thought bass could be annoying, but Ice Spice proves it can. Just leave.


Beats: 0/10

Lyrics: 0/10


8. Think You The Shit?


Another diss track at nobody like the rest of this album.


"She is my son but I ain't her mammy"


Unless your opponent is trans, this is WACK. Even if she is on the trans tip, it's still bad.


The hook:


"Bitches be quick, but I'm quicker (Like)

Bitches be thick, but I'm thicker (Like)

She could be rich, but I'm richer (Damn)"


Wow. Like, really torpedoed that, like, that enemy. Damn.


Beats: 4/10

Lyrics: 0/10


9. Gimme a Light


No way she just jacked Sean Paul's song!!! And made it terrible. Respect to Sean Paul, this is horrid.


Quit singin' the bad parody of Sean Paul in the background. Ice Spice thinks she flowing. She stepped out the studio thinking "OoooOooooOoooHHHH FIYAHH!!!" No, this sounds like she rappin' during a car crash, crushed by Hello Kitty plushies. Horrible take on Sean Paul. He needs to sue. Sue her short little pants off.


Beats: 0/10

Lyrics: 0/10


10. TTYL


Finally, we're done. It's the same song, same subject. Don't bother. The constant adlibs are annoying too.


Beats: 0/10

Lyrics: 0/10


Favorite song: None

Best song: None, they're all wack

Worst song: The whole album


Barely heard any Ice Spice before this. Thought she might have talent. But nah, this is trash. She can't rap without talking about envy and banging boyfriends. If folks mad at you, Ice, it's 'cause you can't rap for JACK. Where's MC Lyte at? Even MC Lyte with Puff Daddy is better than this garbage. Don't bother unless you like high school girl drama. This is like the high school girl who thought she could rap and got nothing but makeup and gossip. Yuck.


And before you say I'm hating 'cause she's a woman, get smart. MC Lyte, Shante, they paved the way. Remy Ma, Lady of Rage, they got substance. This girl...I dunno what she thinking.


15/200


7% = F-

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEW - LL Cool J: THE FORCE

 Ayo, what’s happenin', party people! It’s ya boy Dondi White, comin’ through with a hot review, real big vibes this time. Like Kwame sa...